Telecom Global is a leading wireless technology solutions provider headquartered out of Frisco, Texas. We work with Business Enterprises and are primarily focused on providing innovative solutions for the future of Wireless. Our founders are veterans in the wireless industry with more than 20 years of experience. We specialize in RF planning & optimization, tower work, Installation & commissioning of BTS. We are currently seeking a Telecom Construction Manager who has a minimum of 5 years’ experience to join our team. The ideal candidates will have a background working in the telecommunications industry managing new site build, Installation and commissioning, back-haul, fiber, or other large-scale telecom deployment projects. Inbuilding [DAS &small cell] experience is a definite plus. Construction Managers will be called upon to represent our client as the expert on construction issues relating to construction/modification of towers and collocation or DAS and small cell projects, as well as additional vendor selection, on-site management, coordination of subcontractors, OEM installers and customer representatives. The position is based in Frisco, Texas.
The Construction Manager / Construction Supervisor is responsible for duties that may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Oversee the site build, Installation and commissioning Projects.
- Ensure the most economical and best construction practices are utilized.
- Review bill of materials to ensure proper usage within client guidelines.
- Monitors and records contractor’s work performance with the contract requirements and conducts final inspections, prepares punch lists, and collects documentation for closing out of contract.
- Track, review and approve closeout documents and general contractor change orders
- responsible for safe work practices and implementing company safety programs throughout the area of responsibility.
- Reviewing and developing performance of all subordinates.
- Approving subcontractor invoices, weekly payroll and equipment reporting for all assigned Projects.
- Attend deployment and other customer meetings as subject matter expert for the client.
- Develop customer relationships that may result in influencing customers to award service work to the client.
- Make regular trips to sites during construction including: bid walk, pre-con walk, in progress site visits, punch walks and construction closeout. Provide direction to general contractors when doing ground work.
- Understand prevailing rates for all construction work and ensure the client is receiving competitive rates for quality work.
- Responsible to negotiate costs within scope of project, hold Vendor accountable to ensure budget is maintained; ensure District and/or Program and Project Managers and customers are aware of issues that will impact project completion or cost.
- Responsible to problem solve issues that may occur onsite and make recommendations based on priority and need to ensure the project and budget are maintained.
- Ensure all work is completed in accordance with the client’s construction standards, processes, and procedures.
- Ensure accurate and complete files are maintained for projects and appropriate closeout documents are distributed in a timely manner and are in accordance with corporate and customer standards.
- Ensure that all jobs are maintained in a project tracking system with complete accuracy.
Qualifications and skills
- Vast experience in the full life cycle of cell tower projects. Hands on experience, preferably with Sprint, USCC, TMO and Nokia
- Proven time management and organizational skills.
- Excellent communicator, communicating clearly and often.
- Driven to succeed, and able to work flexible hours and under pressure.
- Independent work style and ability to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Preferred experience in new site build construction, UMTS site construction or LTE site construction